1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
2. Prepare a small casserole dish (approximately 7x10) with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Open biscuits, and cut biscuits into quarters.
4. Layer half of the quarters in prepared pan.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare gravy.
7. In a heavy skillet, brown the ground breakfast sausage over medium high heat until fully cooked.
8. Sprinkle the cooked sausage with 3 Tablespoons of flour.
9. Use a wooden spoon to stir flour into sausage until completely absorbed.
10. Lower heat to medium, and cook flour/sausage mixture for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
11. Add milk, and stir to combine.
12. Add salt and black pepper.
13. Stir frequently until mixture comes to a slight boil.
14. Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired. (I usually add more black pepper)
15. If the gravy is too thick, add a bit more milk. You want the gravy to be thickened but not too thick, not "globby," it should still be slightly runny.
16. Pour gravy over the cooked biscuits.
17. Layer the remaining uncooked, quartered biscuits over the gravy.
18. Place casserole dish on a baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
19. Serve immediately.